
I had my first baby shower on Saturday, November 13th. It was also the first snowfall of the season (the snow flurries only lasted for 5 minutes though). The shower was thrown by my sister-in-law Toni Taylor, mother-in-law Virginia Taylor, and friend Lindsey Funk. It was held at Jim & Toni's house in Ankeny. It was so nice! The pink frosted cupcakes were yummy (made by Taylor family friend Jill) and the pumpkin dip was delicious! Toni decorated in a beautiful fall theme, my favorite season! We played the baby food game and the Price is Right game, which were both a lot of fun! I found out I really wasn't a good guesser on the baby food by sight or taste, but I'm sure I'll be a pro soon ;)! We received so many nice gifts for baby girl Taylor! We are so lucky to have such wonderful friends and family!
Our friend Shannon gave us this onsie that she personalized for us... we love it and can't wait for her to wear it:

My niece Ava wrote and illustrated a book for baby Taylor. It melted my heart! Ava read the book to everyone at the shower. She is quite the little author and reader for a 7 year old!
Here is a picture of me in the nursery the morning of my shower. 30 weeks!
After the shower my family (Mom, Dad, Jared, Tammy, Ava, Wil) and Jason's family (George, Virginia, Jim, Toni) did a little baby shopping at Pink Hippo and Suite Dreams then we all went to Incredible Pizza. The kiddos loved all the games, bumper cars, mini golf, and skee ball. On Sunday we went to Stella's Blue Sky Diner where we all had malts "poured on our heads". A fun time was had by all!



No comments:
Post a Comment