Thursday, October 21, 2010

One Year!!!

Our one year anniversary was October 16th! I can't believe one year has gone by already. I guess the saying "time flies when you are having fun" really holds true! We had a wonderful first year together as a married couple and I look forward to many many more. To celebrate we went to Galena, Illinois. We stayed at the Irish Cottage which was lovely, we saw some irish dancing and live music in the pub... Friday night we ate dinner at Vinny Vanucchi's and went on a horse and carriage ride down Main Street. Saturday we enjoyed the beautiful fall day; we did a little sight seeing and shopping in all of the cute boutiques that line Main Street in Galena. We then stopped at Betty Jane's in Dubuque for some carmel apples! YUM! They are The Best. Saturday night we went to Pepper Sprout in Dubuque, one of our favorite restaurants. I had squash ravioli with cranberries, it was so autumnish and delicious and Jason had macaroni & cheese surprise. Pepper Sprout changes their menus with each new season and I just love their fall menu. We watched our wedding video and had a few bites of the top tier of our wedding cake. Surprisingly, it was sooooo good after one year in the freezer! Here are a few pictures from our anniversary weekend:





Nursery update ~ the crib is now all set up, the walls are painted pink, the pink curtains are up and we now have a pink rug, dresser/changing topper and bedside table. We are still waiting on a rocker/glider and bookshelf. We need some stuff up on the walls... but the nursery is looking more like a nursery and I love just going in there and looking, wondering and dreaming. Here is a picture of our progress:




We got some awesome awesome news last week! Jason's brother Jim and his wife Toni are expecting! They are due May 14, 2011. So the babies will be only be 4 months apart in age. It is so great that these two cousins will be so close in age and live so close, Jim and Toni live in Ankeny. I wonder if they are having a boy or girl... they'll find out in December I think. We couldn't be more thrilled for them. 2011 is already looking like a very exciting year with 2 baby Taylors on the way and Ben and Mary Ella getting married in September! ...So much to look forward to!



This weekend we are headed up to Sioux City to celebrate George's birthday which was October 18th (Jason's dad). And my birthday is Monday :) I took the day off so 3 day weekend for me! Jason gave me a pregnancy massage for our anniversary, so I have scheduled that for 2:30 on Monday. I also plan on sleeping in, getting a pedicure, and doing a little shopping! I love taking the day off on my birthday, I think every company should give you that day as a personal holiday, don't ya think? ;)

1 comment:

Robin said...

love the nursery!!!!!