Jason & I have some news to share... WE'RE EXPECTING!!! Today I am 10 weeks + 2 days and the due date is somewhere around January 22, 2011. We are thrilled! We heard the heartbeat today and it was AmAzInG! ...makes it so much more "real". We are blessed :)
So... starting around 6 weeks and lasting through 10 weeks I felt very quesy... on the bright side I wasn't throwing up! I also have been feeling VERY tired and fatigued. I could seriously go to sleep at 8:00 every night, and sometimes I do. All I want to do is relax on the couch and watch TV... but there isn't too much on TV in the summer... I've been hooked on The Bachelorette, Hot In Cleveland, Design Star, Keeping Up With The Kardashians and I'm looking forward to the new season of Big Brother which starts next week. While on the couch we are also reading all the baby books... "What To Expect When You're Expecting", "The Girlfriend's Guide To Pregnancy", "Belly Laughs", "The Dad-To-Be Handbook" and a couple others including some baby names books. Talking about baby names... we have some favorites narrowed down, but who knows... these might change. I think we're leaning towards finding out the sex of the baby (around 20 weeks) but since so many people like the surprise and I feel like a fun-hater for finding out... we might find out and keep it a surprise from everyone else. That way, people have their surprise and we get to find out. Not sure if we are capable of keeping it a secret though! It was hard enough keeping the pregnancy a secret until we were 8 weeks along!
I haven't started "showing" yet but I feel like my body is definitely changing shape. My pants are starting to feel tight and uncomfortable. Since I'm so short I'll probably show sooner than others. I think when I start showing it will feel even more real! Also, around 16 weeks is when you can start to feel the baby move and I can't wait for that feeling!!!
We are really crossing our fingers that our townhouse SELLS so we can buy a house and be all moved in before baby comes. But we are also prepared if that doesn't happen. We've rented a climate-controlled storage unit and last weekend we moved in a bunch of random stuff to de-clutter and if we do bring the baby home to the townhouse... the 2nd bedroom will be moved to the storage unit. We'll have a room for baby... we just won't have a room for guests. On the bright side if this happens... we can save more money. Which might come in handy considering we started pricing daycare options! ...oh around $1000/month for 1 baby... Yikes!
Well... I'll of course keep you updated and maybe? post a few baby bump pictures... ;)
1 comment:
I am so excited for you guys!!!
And I of course know a wonderful babysitter for about 1/2 your price. But the commute to Altoona may be interesting. :)
Call if you need anything.
I'll try to find a book i got for Soctt, "What to Expect When your Wife is Expecting." We both read it, and it's hilarious. And informative. What to Expect is kind of scary. The Girlfriends are great books though. I also have naming books if you'd like to borrow them,
Post a Comment