Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Prego, Holly's Bachelorette & Jessie Update

So as you all know... I'm PREGO! I haven't really blogged too much about it, so here goes. I am 14 weeks along and I have felt a wide range of emotions and symptoms in the past 10 weeks (I found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks). This may be TMI... but my boobs are out of control! They are getting so big, I have grown 3 cup sizes (and they were already too big to begin with)! I was VERY VERY TIRED in my first trimester, I seriously could go to sleep at 7:00 every night and I found myself falling asleep on the couch and getting fatigued very easily, I was just plain exhausted. Even though it looked like I wasn't doing much laying on the couch, I was very busy! ...I was making a placenta! But in the past few weeks I've started to feel more energy, still more tired than usual, but I can actually stay awake past 9:00 now! :) Other symptoms... nausea/quesy feeling (but no throwing up), sore breasts (really sore, especially in frist trimester), gotta go pee now! (and anywhere between 4-7 times/night), bloating, flatulance (gross, sorry), I'm a hot-box (seriously radiating heat, I'm a furnace), and when I'm hungry-I'm HUNGRY!!, frequent headaches, heightened sense of smell, very thirsty, taste aversions to meat-chicken-coffee (what?! I love coffee?!), craving fruit and anything fruity and comfort food (mac&cheese, potatoes, grilled cheese, pizza, cereal), painful spider veins on my thigh, and the list goes on and on! So now that I've mentioned maybe the "not so good stuff"... here comes the good stuff... there is a BABY growing inside my tummy! AmAzInG! I am still kind of in shock about it. I read all the weekly updates sent to my email inbox and I am simutaneously reading 3 pregnancy books at the same time, learning about how my baby is developing week by week... but it still doesn't feel totally REAL yet. I think I'm waiting for that "baby bump" and the feeling of the baby moving inside me! Which all should happen very very soon, probably in the next month! :) Yay! ...I can't wait!!!

Last weekend I went to Chicago for my good friend Holly Purcell's bachelorette party weekend. Holly was my first friend in Des Moines, she lived across the hall from me in the Turtle Creek apartments, we've been friends since February 2007. She lives in San Francisco now, and I miss her dearly. I am one of her matrons of honor and she is getting married to a wonderful man, David Birkey, on August 7th! Anywho... we had a fun-filled packed weekend in Chicago! ...pedicures, shopping on Michigan Avenue, piano bar, girl time, it was a blast! I look forward to Holly's wedding day and standing by her side as she says "I DO"!


I last blogged about Jessie (see last post) and here is an update: Jessie moved out of the PICU to the pediatrics floor at the University of Iowa Hospital, then left the hospital and moved to in-patient rehab at Genesis in the quad cities and tonight she gets to go HOME!!! ...and continue out-patient rehab Monday-Friday. This will continue on for 5 months or so, she still has a lot of progress to make but she has come a LONG way since July 4th, praise be to GOD!!! Thank you for your prayers! They worked!!!


No comments: