Last weekend Rachel and I traveled to Sioux City to celebrate Christmas with my family. Saturday morning my brother Jim and I helped my dad with a new entertainment center for the basement. For lunch Jim and my dad suggested we try a new place in Sioux City called Five Guys (www.fiveguys.com)... very good bacon cheeseburger, but not quite as good as the juicy lucy. Shortly after we got back to my parents house my brother Jeff and his family showed up from Sioux Falls. My aunt Jeana and uncle Steve also arrived to watch us open our presents. We all sat around in a big circle and took turns opening gifts. Some items I received from my family included a Dyson Vacuum Cleaner, Official Cubs Jersey, Straight No Chaser CD, Hawkeye washer toss, a bottle of Margarita Mix, and some other very nice gifts. For any of my family reading this Thank You so much! I couldn't ask for a better family.One of the highlights of that gift opening experience was that my parents got each of us brothers a Jerry's Pizza shirt, and the daughter-in-laws got a Jerry's Pizza hooded sweatshirt. For those that are not familiar with Jerry's Pizza, it is the best pizza I have had. It is a Sioux City Icon. Along with another shirt I received a Milwaukee Wiener House!! After all the gifts were open some of our family sat down and played a game of Yahtzee, one of my niece Katie's new gifts!

Of course we had to order Jerry's Pizza for supper! My brothers and I in our new shirts went to pick it up.

By the time you knew it, it was Sunday and almost time to come home. However, before we left we had to eat at one of our favorite places to go with my parents.... Green Gables! Green Gables is a favorite of our family. Just the decor is worth seeing. This is an older building, and both outside and inside, one of the owning family members has painted beautiful murals. So it makes it very unique. The food is excellent. They have the BEST Chicken Tenders, crinkle cut french fries, and Hot Fudge Sundaes! Check it out if you are ever in Sioux City.
Sunday when we got back to WDM, we went to the cantata service at Lutheran Church of Hope. It was a great end to our weekend. Today is the 1st day of Winter... and another big storm is approaching. Be safe everyone and Merry Christmas from the Taylors!
2 comments:
Nothing makes me more excited then reading blogs!!
I love Jerry's Pizza and am very super jealous of the shirts. I'm glad you guys had a great time in Sioux City. Merry Christmas!:)
I want a Weiner House shirt!!! I love that place. In all my years in Sioux City, I've never had Jerry's Pizza. And I've been trying for years (almost 7 now) to get into Green Gables with Scott's family.
It looked like you had a great weekend!
Have a happy holidays! Maybe we can stratagize a way east?
Post a Comment